Outpatient (Ambulatory) Surgery Unit
Mercy Medical Center’s Ambulatory Surgery Unit is a new state-of the-art unit equipped to handle the needs of patients requiring ambulatory care. The Unit houses 19 beds for pre- and post-operative patients scheduled for outpatient procedures.
Patients are required to have Pre-Surgical Testing (PST) before the surgery is scheduled. Your doctor will schedule this for you.
Following is some important information for your PST:
- Take your morning medication as usual on PST day.
- You can have a light breakfast.
- Please bring a list of current medications you are on.
- Bring your insurance card.
- Bring copies of x-rays of prior lab work, if available.
On PST day:
- Patients will have a private meeting with a registered nurse to discuss instructions regarding surgery and will provide instructions as to where to report the day and time of the surgical procedure. Instructions will also be given on medications, diet, and an explanation of the expected day of surgery process. The registered nurse will answer all of your questions. PST results are faxed to your primary care physician.
- Hibiclens Antibacterial Soap (if no eczema or psoriasis) is given to patients to wash the surgery site prior to surgery. Patients who require an EKG are given a copy for their own or their physician’s records.
- Patients will receive a Health Care Proxy, HIPAA Information, a Patient’s Guide to Pain, Patient Instruction Sheet and Directions to the Ambulatory Surgery Unit.
- Instructions include phone number, date and time to call to CONFIRM your surgery appointment
- DO NOT BRING VALUABLES ON DAY OF SURGERY.
- ONE PERSON (ADULT) CAN STAY WITH THE PATIENT ON THE DAY OF SURGERY
- THE AMBULATORY SURGERY WAITING ROOM IS LOCATED ON THE FIRST FLOOR, DIRECTLY UPSTAIRS FROM THE AMBULATORY SURGERY UNIT
Parking for Pre-Surgical Testing is in Lot #2, directly in front of the Main Lobby entrance to the hospital. PST is located on the first floor.