A Safe Haven For Newborns-An Alternative To Abandonment
Infant abandonment doesn’t have to happen.
Our Emergency Department is a Safe Haven that offers mothers of unwanted newborns a solution that protects the well-being of the infant and the confidentiality that the mother may need.
Mothers can give us unharmed newborns anonymously, within the first five days after birth, without fear of disclosure or prosecution for abandonment. Mercy Medical Center will accept any newborn and the mother who needs care, with no questions asked.
Newborns can be brought to our Emergency Department anytime, day or night.
We also offer confidential counseling during this time of crisis.
For information, you may call Safe Haven anonymously to 866-918-8882.
To find a physician, please call our personal help line at:
For General and Patient Information:
Support Services Menu
- Support Services
- Bereavement Care
- Coffee Shop – Patio Grille
- Community Health Services
- Crisis Intervention Services
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Services -Patient Accounts
- Patient Registration
- Patient Relations
- Physician Support Services
- Post Hospital Care Planning
- Room Service Dining
- Safe Haven
- Terminal Illness Counseling
- Travel Medicine Service
- Weight Management Programs